BAT CARE FROM GECKO CRICKET
HOW TO KNOCK IN YOUR NEW GECKO BAT
YOUR BAT IS MATCH READY!
Even after knocking in your bat, no matter how well the process is carried out, your bat will not be indestructible! If you hit a ball hard enough in the wrong place on your bat, your bat will sustain some damage.
- When knocking in the toe and edges, use a wrist action with the mallet (holding approximately 3-4 inches from the bottom).
- When knocking in the face of your bat, use arm swings.
- Do not to concentrate on knocking in one spot for too long. It is important to carryout the process evenly across the face and edges to create a fairly smooth finish.
- Hold your bat up to the light to see which areas still need to be compressed.
- Do not knock in the sides, bottom or back of your bat.
- If you notice seam marks or indentations on the face of your bat, this would indicate it still needs more time spent knocking it in.
We will normally replace any bat with in 90 days of purchase if the above steps have been followed. Please send any damaged/broken bats back to us immediately for us to inspect.