Gecko Cricket Camps
Enhancing the fundamentals of the game!
At Gecko Cricket we coach the basics throughout our camps, enhancing the fundamentals of
the game and covering the three disciplines of batting, bowling, and fielding. Gecko offers
an innovative coaching model that includes the facilitation of learning through conditioned
games that simulate the tactical and technical elements of the sport. This methodology
stimulates participation, improves concentration, and enhances focus and discipline.
Gecko specialises in offering professionally run cricket camps that are fun-filled learning
experiences, enhancing the fundamentals of the game. The two-day cricket camps are led
by a team of experienced coaches and run from 10 am – 3 pm. Early drop off available from 9am as part of your booking.
Cricketers of all levels are welcome, sessions are grouped by both age and ability.
Cricket Fundamentals for beginners, intermediate or advanced players for age 6 – 14 years.
Drills. Match Play. Nets. Technical. Tactical. Physical. Emotional. Mental.
We look forward to sharing our knowledge and helping you develop your skills.
Our coaching team includes an ex-international, an U19 World Cup winner, a former county
cricketer, as well as several minor county and academy players. Our coaches have all played
at a high standard and are ECB qualified coaches, first aid trained, DBS checked, and have
attended safeguarding children courses (as a minimum).
Cirencester Cricket Club
- Cirencester Cricket Club, 1UT, Bathurst Estate Agency, Cirencester GL7 1QT
Dean Close School
- Dean Close School, Shelburne Rd, Cheltenham GL51 6HE
- Meet at the pavilion opposite the tennis courts and sports hall
Lechlade Cricket Club
- The Manor Ground, Faringdon Road, Lechlade-on-Thames GL7 3AT
Stroud Cricket Club
- Ryeford Industrial Estate, Stroud Cullimore Ground, GL10 2LA
Slaughters Cricket Club
- Church Furlong, Lower Slaughter, Gloucestershire, GL54 2HY
- Turning into the club is just after the bus stop as you drive away from the village.
- Rendcomb College, Cirencester, GL7 7HA
- When you turn off the A435, follow the road up the hill, go under the bridge and follow the road around to your right. Drive past the Rendcomb Village post office on your right, the sports hall is the next left. Drive to the right side of the sports hall and park there.
What to bring:
- Packed lunch
- Refreshments and a water bottle
- Bring any of your equipment (bats/pads etc)
- Equipment can be borrowed from us if needed. We have equipment which will be cleaned in between use.
- Cap/hat and sunscreen
- Warm clothing and waterproofs
What to wear:
- Any comfortable training clothes or cricket whites
- In the event of any inclement the camp will continue as planned. We have adapted wet weather programmes to ensure cricketers can continue to train and learn in a safe environment.
- Cricket equipment is available for purchase, we will equipment at the venue and be able to bring equipment to the venue upon request.
- Gecko training tops will be on sale for £20